Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday...

So, I'm sipping cheap red wine, listening to Turkish Groove. My 8 year old is showering, using some dandruff shampoo, because I've been too lazy to go to the store and get the kiddie stuff. Yeah. Hubby is at the gym, and the 10 year old is across the courtyard at grandma's, probably watching TV.

If Madame Bovary were me, what would she be doing right now? Probably blogging. : ) In my Walter Mitty-esque imagination, I can conjure several "burn the bridges" style activities, one which would actually involve setting our little bridge that spans the creek on fire.

I googled sites that accept donations of beads for charitable activities. I could send my bead collection off to Africa, to prevent girls from being genitally mutilated. Hmm. It's a lot of postage. I could donate the beads to the school's daycare center, but the lady there complains about her back a lot, and I'm skeptical that she'd let the kids use the beads.

I toggle back and forth between being an "uplifted person" and being really funny. I consider putting, "I like my God with salt and pepper" on a social networking site.

Maybe I should get a job.

No comments: